Updated: March 16, 2020
The “Playlist Push Service” and the “Service(s)” mean any websites, mobile applications, and other services under the control of Playlist Push, whether partial or otherwise, related to providing an online, mobile, or other digital platform for Playlist Push’s services, including www.playlistpush.com, app.playlistpush.com, and the Playlist Push app.
“Personal Information” means information that alone or when in combination with other information may be used to readily identify, contact, or locate you, such as: name, address, email address, payment information, or phone number. We do not consider Personal Information to include information that has been de-identified so that it does not allow a third party to easily identify a specific individual.
The Playlist Push Service may provide you with the ability to post or share content including posts, text, comments, photos, videos, music, links, and files to share with other users (“Your User Content”).
INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND USE
For purposes of this Policy, “Personal Information” is any information that identifies, relates to, or describes, directly or indirectly, an individual or household.
In the course of operating the Playlist Push Service, we collect Personal Information, which we use for typical business and commercial purposes (including compliance with legal obligations and use for auditing, security, and anti-fraud purposes) and for other purposes as described below:
Information You Give Us. When you sign up for and use the Playlist Push Services as an artist or curator, we may collect and store Personal Information you provide, including:
- Personal Identifiers. We receive personal identifiers you provide (including, for example, information such as your name, hometown, email address, login and password, telephone number, or similar identifiers) and use them to respond to and complete your requests, provide notifications, and communicate with you for registration, customer service, and informational purposes (including sending you confirmation emails, notices, updates, invoices, and security alerts), and for marketing purposes (including sending you news, promotions, and other information that we and our affiliates and partners believe may be of interest to you). We may also create internal identification and reference codes to identify you in our electronic systems.
- Communications and Submissions. We collect the information and content you submit when you create a campaign (as an artist), submit a review (as a curator), otherwise use the Playlist Push Service (including posting public testimonials and other public content), or otherwise voluntarily interact with us. We also collect information you submit through contact, sign-up, and profile forms, email communications, and other submissions (including reviews and surveys), and when you communicate with Playlist Push service and support. We use this information to respond to and fulfill your requests, communicate with you about the Playlist Push Service, for promotional/marketing purposes, to establish and manage our customer relations and customer service, and to provide and improve our websites, products, and services.
- Playlist Push Referral Information. If you use our referral program to recommend Playlist Push to others, you may need to provide contact information for yourself and the friend. We will automatically send your friend a one-time email inviting him or her to visit our Service. Playlist Push stores this information for the sole purpose of sending this one-time email and tracking the success of our referral program.
- Financial Information. We receive financial information such as payment card, banking information, or PayPal™ information, and other related information to process payments for campaigns you have requested and to issue curator payments to you.
- Commercial Information. We collect and generate commercial information and transaction information (such as records of services purchased on our websites, music genre preferences, or services you have enrolled in). We use this information to respond to and fulfill requests, improve our product and service offerings, communicate with you, tailor our marketing efforts, and for internal reporting purposes.
- Inferences from the information listed above. We will use the information listed above to draw inferences about your preferences to help us develop and provide better products and services.
- Audio and Visual Information. We receive audio files you share with us through our Services.
- Privacy Choices. We receive and retain any opt-outs or other choices related to how we collect, us, and disclose Personal Information.
Social Networks and Publicly Available Data. Our websites include social media features, such as the Facebook “Like” button and widgets like the “Share” button and similar functions. These features may collect your IP address, the pages you are visiting on our websites, and may set cookies to enable them to function as you have requested. Social media features and widgets are either hosted by a third party or directly on our websites. We may also permit you to log-in and connect your Playlist Push account with your accounts on other websites (like Spotify or Facebook), and we collect personal identifiers you have made available on those sites. We use the Personal Information collected in this way for the same purposes as described above.
Information Other Users Provide about You. Other users may provide us your personal identifiers (such as your email address) or other information in order to invite you to use the Playlist Push Services or share content from the Playlist Push Services with you. In this case, we will use the information for the purposes for which it was provided.
Other Information We Collect. We also may collect other information about you, your device, or your use of the services in ways that we describe to you at the point of collection or otherwise with your consent. You may choose not to provide us with certain types of information, but doing so may affect your ability to use some of the Playlist Push Services.
Information We Get from Your Use of The Playlist Push Service. In addition to information you provide when you use the Playlist Push Service, we keep track of information about how you have used the Service, like when you open one of our emails or whether you viewed and interacted certain content (collectively, “Usage Information”). We use this information to provide and improve our products and services, tailor your experience on and across our websites and other services, tailor our marketing efforts, and to create aggregate internal reports on website usage and activity, such as views of certain pages and content. Usage Information includes:
- Device Information. We collect device-specific information (such as your hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information, including phone number).
- Browsing Information. This includes the URL that referred you to the Playlist Push Services, the areas within the Playlist Push Services that you visit, how long you spend on the Playlist Push Services, and the time of day of your visit.
- IP Address. An IP address is a string of numbers associated with the device you use to access the Internet.
- Location Information. Many mobile devices permit applications to access real-time geolocation information. We may collect and use such information with your consent when you use our websites. We use various technologies to determine location, including IP address, GPS, and other sensors that may, for example, provide us with information on nearby devices, Wi-Fi access points and cell towers and provide geo-location information.
- Inferences from the information listed above. We may use the information listed above to draw inferences about your preferences to help us provide you with personalized content and offers and help us develop and provide better products and services.
Automatic Collection of Information from Cookies and Other Technology. We and our partners use various technologies to collect and store information when you visit the Playlist Push Services, which we use for the same purposes as Usage Information and to help us improve our websites and communications. This automatic information collection may include using cookies or similar technologies to identify your browser or device:
- Cookies. A cookie is a small file containing a string of characters that is sent to your computer when you visit a website. When you visit the website again, the cookie allows that site to recognize your browser. Cookies may store user preferences and other information. You can reset your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some website features or services may not function properly without cookies.
- Mobile Identifiers. We may use software development kits (“SDKs”) or mobile advertising identifiers (i.e., IDFA on Apple mobile devices or Advertising ID on Android mobile devices), which function similarly to cookies on mobile devices. You may reset your IDFA or Advertising ID in the settings on your mobile device.
- Web Beacons. Small graphic images or other web programming code called web beacons (also known as “1×1 GIFs,” “one pixel GIFs,” or “clear GIFs”) may be included in our web pages and e-mail messages. Web beacons may be invisible to you, but any electronic image or other web programming code inserted into a web page or e-mail can act as a web beacon. Web beacons or similar technologies may be used for a number of purposes, including, without limitation, to count visitors to the Playlist Push Services, to monitor how users navigate the Playlist Push Services, to make cookies more effective, and to analyze how our emails, articles, and links were opened, viewed, and used.
** Most browsers will tell you how to stop accepting new cookies, how to receive notification of new cookies, and how to disable existing cookies. For more information about cookies and how to disable them, or restrict the categories of cookies you wish to accept, you can consult the information at www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/.
Please note that rejecting cookies does not mean that you will no longer see ads when you browse the internet. Also, without cookies, you may not be able to take full advantage of all of the Playlist Push Services and some parts of the Playlist Push Services may not function properly.
Anonymous or Aggregated Information. We de-identify or aggregate data we receive and may use and disclose it for any business purpose.
HOW WE DISCLOSE PERSONAL INFORMATION
Service Providers. We share any of the Personal information described above with service providers (including but not limited to payment processors, fraud detection vendors, and service-related technology providers) that provide services to you and us, including to help us maintain our databases and websites, administer emails, display content, and analyze website usage activity. For example, we may provide your personal identifiers and commercial information to vendors so they can send you communications on our behalf. We require that service providers use Personal Information only for the purposes specified in our agreements.
Advertising Partners. We may share you personal identifiers and commercial information with advertising partners that use various technologies to send (or serve) relevant ads on our behalf on platforms or websites operated by others.
Social Networks. You may interact with features of the Playlist Push Services that cause certain categories of Personal Information to be published to your social networks. To understand the precise categories of Personal Information shared in this manner, please review the privacy policies of the relevant social networks and/or log out of the applicable service before you use our online services.
Sweepstakes, Contests, and Promotions. Playlist Push may offer sweepstakes, contests, and other promotions (“Promotion(s)”) that may require registration. By participating in a Promotion, you are agreeing to the terms, conditions or official rules that govern that Promotion, which may contain specific requirements of you, including, except where prohibited by law, allowing the sponsor(s) of the Promotion to use your name, voice and/or likeness in advertising or marketing associated with the Promotion. If you choose to enter a Promotion, Personal Information may be disclosed to third parties or the public in connection with the administration of such Promotion, including, without limitation, in connection with winner selection, prize fulfillment, and as required by law or permitted by the Promotion’s official rules, such as on a winners list.
Business Transfers. In the event of a merger, acquisition, financing due diligence, reorganization, bankruptcy, receivership, sale of company assets (whether by private sale, through operation of law, as part of a divestiture plan, or otherwise), your Personal Information, and any other information that we have collected, may be disclosed to the persons and/or entities assuming control of the relevant business unit or as otherwise necessary to complete the transaction as permitted by law or contract.
Legal and Similar Disclosures. We may disclose Personal Information about you with law enforcement, the courts, our advisors, attorneys, and others who participate in the legal process, if necessary to do so by law or based on our good faith belief that it is necessary to enforce or apply our contracts, conform or comply with the law or is necessary to protect us, the users of the websites, or others.
ONLINE ADVERTISING AND USAGE ANALYTICS
We do not share your Personal Information with third parties for their own marketing purposes. However, we use email services to send informational and marketing emails, and analytics services to help us understand and improve the usage of our websites and emails. We also use advertising services to serve ads as you browse other sites on the internet. These services will collect your personal identifiers (such as IP address, device ID, and cookie information), device characteristics (such as browser version), and website browsing activity by placing cookies and using other similar technology. They use that information to provide advertisements to you and/or to provide analytical information for our websites. These companies also may collect and combine information about your online activities over time, on other devices, and on other websites or online services that we do not control, if those websites and online services also use the same partners.
We currently use Google Analytics to collect and process usage-related data on the Playlist Push Service. To learn more about Google Analytics and how to opt out, please visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites. You may learn more about advertising networks and opt out of receiving personalized advertisements on this browser or device from advertisers who are members of the Network Advertising Initiative or who subscribe to the Digital Advertising Alliance’s Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising by visiting the opt-out options of each of those organizations. Links to those sites are here:
Network Advertising Initiative: http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/
Digital Advertising Alliance: http://www.aboutads.info/choices/
When you opt out of personalized advertising, you may continue to see online advertising on the sites and/or our ads on other websites and online services.
OPT-OUT CHOICES AND ACCOUNT INFORMATION
At your request, and where required by law, we will confirm and/or update the Personal Information we hold about you. We may have to verify your identify to do so. If you do not want to receive marketing information from us, you may “opt out” by writing or emailing us using the contact information listed below. If you opt out, you may still receive information from us but only if it is necessary to provide you with our services, including administrative messages and satisfaction surveys.
We do not sell Personal Information for monetary consideration. However, you can submit a request to opt out of us selling your Personal Information for monetary consideration by contacting us using the information below.
SECURITY OF YOUR INFORMATION
By using the Playlist Push Service or providing Personal Information to us, you agree that we may communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues relating to your use of the Playlist Push Service. If we learn of a security system’s breach, we may attempt to notify you electronically by posting a notice on the Playlist Push Service or sending an email to you. You may have a legal right to receive this notice in writing. To receive free written notice of a security breach (or to withdraw your consent from receiving electronic notice), please notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
We do not share personal information (as defined by California Civil Code §1798.83) with other people or non-affiliated businesses for their direct marketing purposes. The Playlist Push Service does not respond to browser do-not-track signals.
NEVADA PRIVACY RIGHTS
We do not sell consumers’ covered information for monetary consideration (as defined in Chapter 603A of the Nevada Revised Statutes). However, if you are a Nevada resident, you have the right to submit a request directing us not to sell your Personal Information. To submit such a request, please contact us using the information in the “Contact Information” section below.
No one under the age of 13 is authorized to submit any information, including Personal Information, on the Playlist Push Service. Under no circumstances may anyone under the age of 13 use the Service.
If you learn that your child has provided us with Personal Information without your consent, you may alert us at email@example.com. If we learn that we have collected any Personal Information from children under 13, we will promptly take steps to delete such information and terminate the child’s account.
By using the Playlist Push Service, you will transfer data to the United States.
LINKS TO THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES
UPDATING YOUR INFORMATION OR POSE A QUESTION OR SUGGESTION
Data Retention. We will retain your information for as long as needed to provide you the Playlist Push Service and as permitted by law. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Account Deactivation and Deletion. If you no longer desire to use the Playlist Push Service, you may deactivate or delete your account by sending us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deactivating your account puts your account on hold and is the same as you telling us not to delete any information because you might want to reactivate your account at some point in the future. When you delete an account, you are requesting that your account and the information stored therein be permanently deleted from the Playlist Push Service. You should only delete your account if you are sure you never want to reactivate it. Please note, certain data you have provided may continue to exist in aggregate form that cannot be used to identify you.
578 Washington Blvd #318,
Marina Del Rey, California 90292